Skip to main content

RECEIPTS DETERMINED BY REQUESTS Monday 19 September


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

MEMORIZE: “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.” (Isa. 40:28).

READ: Isaiah 40:25-28

After accepting to shine, a question you must ask yourself is: ‘How bright do I want to shine?’ The reason you must honestly ask yourself this question is because God has so much to offer. 1 Corinthians 2:9 says, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him”. This means that you have not seen anything yet. No wonder God is the inexhaustible One whose understanding cannot be comprehended. It is said that the greatest genius that the world ever knew operated below 30% of his brain capacity, before his death. If this is so, you can imagine the level of technological breakthrough we would have reached if someone was to utilize 70% of his brain capacity! Scientists have discovered that the most advanced computer in the world is still operating below 10% capacity of human brain. This shows the awesome potential in you, waiting to be manifested. How much of your potentials have been realized?

God has so much to offer to us. Unfortunately, we are not eager to receive from Him. Your capacity to receive from God is a function of the level of hunger, thirst and faith you harbor or express. Without hunger, you may never receive an inch of God. While on a visit to London, I ran out of funds. With two days to my return, I still had some shopping to do. So I casually expressed a wish that I had 50 pounds to buy what I wanted. Few minutes later, the phone rang and someone said “Biyi”. I told him it was a wrong number, and so he apologized. Thereafter I said, ‘God bless you’, preparing to hang up. Then a conversation ensued and he got to know who I was and came over. After prayers, as he left with his brother, he gave me 50 pounds. I thanked God, but said if I had known it would be so easy, I would have wished for 100 pounds. A few minutes later, the door bell rang. Before I could get there, a stingy rich man who never gave me money before had written a note saying that he felt God wanted him to give me 50 pounds. I found the enveloped dropped at the door. While thanking God and heading upstairs, I wished I had asked for 150 pounds. Few minutes later, another 50 pounds came. At that point, fear gripped me and I told God I was only joking. I was too awe-struck to continue asking! God has more than you can ever ask for. How much can you ask for?

PRAYER POINT:
Thank God for missionaries in the various mission fields of the world. Pray that God will meet all their needs and use them to increase His Kingdom.
Bible in One year: Isa. 40-43

Comments

  1. ...and my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches by Christ Jesus...
    Christ Jesus...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop