Skip to main content

RECEIPTS DETERMINED BY REQUESTS Monday 19 September


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

MEMORIZE: “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.” (Isa. 40:28).

READ: Isaiah 40:25-28

After accepting to shine, a question you must ask yourself is: ‘How bright do I want to shine?’ The reason you must honestly ask yourself this question is because God has so much to offer. 1 Corinthians 2:9 says, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him”. This means that you have not seen anything yet. No wonder God is the inexhaustible One whose understanding cannot be comprehended. It is said that the greatest genius that the world ever knew operated below 30% of his brain capacity, before his death. If this is so, you can imagine the level of technological breakthrough we would have reached if someone was to utilize 70% of his brain capacity! Scientists have discovered that the most advanced computer in the world is still operating below 10% capacity of human brain. This shows the awesome potential in you, waiting to be manifested. How much of your potentials have been realized?

God has so much to offer to us. Unfortunately, we are not eager to receive from Him. Your capacity to receive from God is a function of the level of hunger, thirst and faith you harbor or express. Without hunger, you may never receive an inch of God. While on a visit to London, I ran out of funds. With two days to my return, I still had some shopping to do. So I casually expressed a wish that I had 50 pounds to buy what I wanted. Few minutes later, the phone rang and someone said “Biyi”. I told him it was a wrong number, and so he apologized. Thereafter I said, ‘God bless you’, preparing to hang up. Then a conversation ensued and he got to know who I was and came over. After prayers, as he left with his brother, he gave me 50 pounds. I thanked God, but said if I had known it would be so easy, I would have wished for 100 pounds. A few minutes later, the door bell rang. Before I could get there, a stingy rich man who never gave me money before had written a note saying that he felt God wanted him to give me 50 pounds. I found the enveloped dropped at the door. While thanking God and heading upstairs, I wished I had asked for 150 pounds. Few minutes later, another 50 pounds came. At that point, fear gripped me and I told God I was only joking. I was too awe-struck to continue asking! God has more than you can ever ask for. How much can you ask for?

PRAYER POINT:
Thank God for missionaries in the various mission fields of the world. Pray that God will meet all their needs and use them to increase His Kingdom.
Bible in One year: Isa. 40-43

Comments

  1. ...and my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches by Christ Jesus...
    Christ Jesus...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

IDOLS FRUSTRATE EXPECTATIONS Monday 27 August

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye Memorise: The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. Proverbs 10:28 Read: Isaiah 44:10-18 B efore you receive a prophetic declaration, check out the fruit of the vessel-the prophet, pastor, or servant of God, whether the fellow is still in league with God. Some people say, “thus says the Lord,” but the Lord did not say anything to them. Some of them heard from themselves and spoke. Be careful of what you accept as being from God. In Jeremiah 28:1-4, Hananiah a prophet prophesied that in two years God was going to set Israel free from the yoke of the king of Babylon, but it was all a lie! Imagine the joy of the people when they heard that. But after two years, and the prophecy did not come to pass, all the expectations of the people failed. Instead of two years, they spent 70 years. In others, the prophetic lies of prophets cannot change what God want to do or alter its tim...

DROP THOSE EXCUSES! Wednesday 22 August

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye Memorise: Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whatsoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. Romans 2:1 Read: Exodus 3:10-16 A fter his experience of the supernatural and God introducing Himself to Moses, he was given a specific assignment. He objected with reasons but they were not accepted. From this we learn that when God has decided to send you on an assignment, no excuse is good enough. You will notice that the more Moses excused himself from embarking on that assignment, the angrier God became (Exodus 4:13-14). Making excuses to avoid doing what God has assigned to you will easily put you on the wrong side of God’s judgement. Excuses can move you from God’s right hand to His left, from favour to disfavour, from blessing to curses. Has the Lord given you an assignment and you are piling up reasons for not obeying? You are to...