Skip to main content

LOVE WILL BE TESTED Thursday 6 September


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
 
Memorise: Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Read: Genesis 22:1-2

Not only is love expensive, it may also undergo a trial. If you don’t believe this, ask Abraham. At a time, Abraham was torn between his promised child Isaac and God. It became inevitable for God to test whether he still loved Him (Genesis 22:1-2). Whether you like it or not, your love for God will be tested. Usually it would be based on someone or something you really love. Isaac was about 15 years before the test.  Abraham had become so fond of him to the point of Isaac being inseparable for him. I went through my own test some years ago. It was during a Christ the Redeemer’s Congress which held on the 24th of December. It was my custom to spend the Christmas and New Year holidays with my mother because of my love for her. I therefore decided t visit her on the 23rd of December, just to see her and give her some few things before the Congress. I arrived at her house very late. As I knocked, somebody else opened the door and rejoiced that I had come. I was briefed on my mother’s illness and told she was almost at the point of death. At this time, there was no telephone to communicate with others to delegate my assignment. So I prayed for her and told her that I love her but I love God more, that after the Congress I would come back to see her, alive or dead. That was though but after the Congress she was still alive when I returned and she lived for another 15 years. In other words, God extended her life like Hezekiah’s after helping me go through the test of love.

Your love may be tested on the fiery furnace or in the lion’s den. Since Jesus laid down His life for you, He expects nothing less from you to your brethren (1 John 3:16). It is either you love God to the extreme or you don’t. I once shared with my children that to succeed could be quite expensive because of the requirement to study at night when others are sleeping, or study in the day while others are playing. One may even be called a bookworm and other names, yet that is a far cheaper price to pay than failure. If you fail, you will become a servant to your colleagues who succeeded. Every Christian may claim to be born again and on their way to Heaven, yet it is only the few who really love Him that will make it on the last day. You can be part of the few!

ACTION POINT:
Every disciple of Jesus will be required to take the test of love. Ask for grace to scale through.
 
Bible in one year: Daniel 7-9

Comments

  1. Most precious natural resources are not easily come by. Love is the same. U can't see love but u can feel it dat is why it's difficult 2 describe it. Daddy give me d grace n d ability 2 love u supremely. When my love towards u will be tested do not allow me 2 fail. Thank u Lord 4 d answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is love & love for God and His purposes for our generation in my life has been tested but I know that it could & would be tested again. Lord grant me the required grace to constantly overcome in Jesus Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itz not all about loving God alone but also loving our neighbours too. Many christian today are only concious of loving God and neglecting the care for their fellow humans. Phillipians 2:3-4 (msg) if you can fulfil that scripture in relation to both God and man believe me u would surely pass any Love test that wud come your way in flying colors.
    Blessed day y'all. Remember to show some Love today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G♡̷̬̩̃̊D̲̅ I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ †ђξ author Ąπϑ finisher O̶̷̩̥̊͡Ƒ L♥√ع !But †Φ L♥√ع Him,we must L♥√ع our neighbours as ourselves first!S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Lord Ĩ̷̊ ask fƠ͡я̲̅ Grace †Φ always pass Ūя̲̅ L♥√ع test IJN....Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord, help me to love u nt only in words bt in acts. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop