Skip to main content

AND JORDAN PARTED Thursday 20 September


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Read: 2 Kings 7:3-11

When Elisha cried in desperation and smote the waters, the scripture says the river parted for him like it did for his spiritual father (2 Kings 2:14). This tells us that whatever happens to the father can happen to the son as long as the latter satisfies the conditions. For instance, Jesus walked on water and Peter did the same when he acted in faith but his colleagues could not do so because they failed to dare. One of the most exciting passages in the Bible is John 14:12. Here Jesus says:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

From the day I read this passage, I believed with every fibre of my being that before I die, I will do every work that He did. I also believe that whatsoever the Lord has done for me, He will repeat in the lives of my children. Are you ready to do what Jesus did and even greater works? Are you ready to pay the price?

Also, when the Jordan parted, Elisha went over it. An English proverb says, He that aims at nothing will always hit it. Anything done without purpose is a wasted effort. You must be certain about what you want from God and not just fight one who punches the air. Let your punches be directed at specific targets so that when you hit them, you will be sure you have them. When God opens a door to you, walk right through it (Revelation 3:7-8). Some people stood in front of their open doors for so long until they were shut. If you don’t enter in, you don’t get anything out of the open doors. Elisha did not begin to celebrate that Jordan parted for him, he simply went through it; he used the opportunity to change his location. What have you done with your open doors? The way you handle the opportunity God gives to you is very important to God. The four lepers got an opportunity and they maximised it. Not only did they become celebrities and national heroes, they never begged for the rest of their lives. If you know how to use opportunities to glorify God, more will continue to trail your path. Do something about your open doors today!

ACTION POINT:
Examine yourself and your surroundings to identify opportunities God has given to you which you have not taken advantage of. Do something about such today.
 
Bible in one year: Ezekiel 15-18

Comments

  1. Father, open my eyes to opportunities around me and help me to use them to the glory of ur name. Let them make my life better and make me a better child of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father open my to see and grace to enter. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father in the name of Jesus, open my eyes to see every door You have opened for me n give me the courage to go through in Jesus name. Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Heavenly Father, open thou my eyes to see every door of opportunity thou hast opened unto me that I may seize every opportunity to glorify Thy Name through Thine abundantgrace. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father Lord, open my eyes to see every doors of opportunity around me and give me your grace to make use of them in thy name of Jesus. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord help me to do exploit for you in my generation.God bles Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God help me to do greater greatest exploits that will have greater impact in my generation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop