Skip to main content

REJECTING JUBILEE? Saturday 25 August


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. Psalms 33:20

Read: Psalms 33:13-22

What is jubilee? Jubilee is a new beginning where the fellow who was once rich but lost his wealth gets it back; where the house that was filled with empty vessels begins to have those vessels filled (2 Kings 4:1-7). What makes jubilee beautiful is the fact that it is by divine decree. It is not as if the slave owner really wants the slaves to go, but because God has decreed it, the slave must go. Nobody can stand on His way. God does not need to take permission from the devil before He sets you free. You do not need to take permission or plead with your captors to release you on the day of your jubilee. Has God decreed your release? Then you must be freed! He decreed light and light came into existence (Genesis 1:3). Psalms 33:8-9 says God should be feared because when He speaks, it is done. Your release is settled because God has said it.

Moreover, when we talk of the year of jubilee, people generally think it must be every 50 years. But when l studied the Bible, I discovered that people experienced jubilee at different times. For instance, the man by the pool of Bethesda was in captivity but got his jubilee after 38 years (John 5: 2-9). Also, for the man born blind recorded in John 9:1-7, his jubilee dawned and he regained his sight after 40 years. In Luke 13:10-17, the woman who was bent got her jubilee after 18 years. According to Exodus 21:1-6, the year of jubilee could come to some after 7 years because God is the One who controls times and seasons, and He is the One who will decide when He wants to intervene in a matter (Daniel 2:20-21). Your age will not stop your jubilee. Our God is the God of jubilee and He loves to set the captives free although He will never violate your will. In Exodus 21:2-6, when jubilee is offered, captives are free to void it and remain as captives. In a town in Osun State (South West Nigeria), there was a very wealthy man who amassed much wealth through extremely evil means. One day, out of mercy, God wanted to save him so He sent a preacher to tell him about salvation. After listening for some time, he thanked the preacher and asked him to lead all his children to Christ, but as for him he had gone too far with the devil that he had chosen to end it up with him. Even when he was told it was not too late for him, the man resisted. He turned down his jubilee. Will you accept or turn down your jubilee?

PRAYER POINT:
Pray that God will open the eyes of all those who are rejecting jubilee to see things from God’s perspective and accept His salvation.
 
Bible in one year: Amos 4-6

Comments

  1. I thank you lord for a beautiful morning like this and for your timely words coming at the needed period.Father release unto me what the enemy has denied me of and free me from all captivity,lord cause me to celebrate my jubilee and come up higher day by day from now henceforth.IJN i pray.......AMEN
    "GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL"

    ReplyDelete
  2. lord pls free me from every captivity of the enemy and let my jubilee comes without any distraction. enable me and my family come higher withoup any delay ijn.amen.goodmorning friend. God bless daddy and mummy g.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sin enslaves a man. Lord help me 2 be living holy life. The freedom I had thru d blood of Jesus will not be useless upon my life. Lord keep me frm falling so dat I dont waste d freedom I got at Jubilee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father bring my jubilee unto me by your decree let every bondage of enemy be shattered and father I pray let walk in you daily and let me come up higher in you daily.After everything father let me make your glorious kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father I DECREE every delayed blessing & promise on my life in Jesus Name. SATAN I BIND you and DECLARE this is my season of my Jubilee...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.