Skip to main content

LOVE IS UNQUENCHABLE Thursday 9 August


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise:  Many water cannot quench love, neither can the floods drawn it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned. Song of Solomon 8:7

Read: Song of Solomon 8:6-7

Although it is difficult to effectively define love, it is clear that love involves very powerful emotions. Solomon was a beneficiary of God’s love and he writes that love is equal to death in terms of strength (Song of Solomon 8:6). Most people fear death but very few fear love, yet they are equal in strength. Death and love have a sense of finality associated with them. Those who really know what love is are always afraid of falling in love because once you really love someone, it does not matter what the fellow does, your love for that individual never dies. Song of Solomon 8:7 says:

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

Floods of adversity and difficulty cannot quench love. If you say you love and latter say you do not love your spouse again because there is no money at home for food, or because of negative pressures from in-laws, that love is questionable.

In Romans 8:35-39, Paul says nothing and nobody can stop the love of God from flowing to us. Love is unstoppable and unquenchable. It is difficult to offend someone who really loves you because love forgives all sins, wrongs and offences (Proverbs 10:12). Are you finding it difficult to forgive your spouse for falling into fornication? If you love that spouse, you will receive grace to forgive. There is no harm that is done to you that you cannot forgive if you love somebody. However, taking it for granted that your spouse will always forgive your sins is a dangerous thing because God Himself may take up the assignment of judging you. What happens when the one you love disappoints you? The three Hebrew boys before king Nebuchadnezzar stated that even if their God disappoints in delivering them, they will still love Him (Daniel 3:16-18). Many Christians will be offended when God does not grant their request; this shows their level of love for Him. When you are genuinely in love, it will be a thing of pleasure to make sacrifices for the one you love. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were ready to die in the fire out of their love for God. Do you love God to the extent of dying for Him, just like He loved you and died for you?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, just as You loved me to the point of giving Your son Jesus Christ to die for me, help me to love you without holding back anything.
 
Bible in one year: Joshua 10-12

Comments

  1. Thank you very much Sir and God bless you more abundantly with His love. Help us to pray more of God's love upon the people of this great nation, Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, help me to love you more and more. Give me the heart of forgiveness to forgive all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord, give me the heart to Love and spirit of forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father thank you for loving me at first, give me the grace to love you fervently in return....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father Lord.. Give ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ D̶̲̥̅̊ strenght nd power 2 love ƔŏƲ more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful word of God,lord help me to love to the extent of been called love itself. Bible says God is love nd we are gods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father,I thank you for your divine love upon my life,just as you have loved me to the extent of giving your son to die for me on cross of calvary so I can gain salvation,the grace to love you and ready to die for you,grant it unto me,everything quenching my passion to love you more and more,take it away from me IJN. (Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father lord give me the fortitude to love,give me the grace of forgiveness , and bless this nation Nigeria , I pray for peace and unity of this great country , God peace is what I have asked for this country , thank you lord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Lord for loving me inspite of my weaknesses. Please Lord give me the grace to love you Without holding anything back, and to love and forgive all men, in Jesus' name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving my neighbour as myselfe shows the love for you, I pray you strenghten the spirit of love in me now and forever in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Lord and my God, d grace & power to love u give me IJN, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Help me God to love you more. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank U Jesus for Ur love for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop