Skip to main content

HARVETS: ANY PRIOR SEED? Friday 10 August


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: Be not deceived: God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6:7

Read: Isaiah 45:11-13

One of the promises the Lord made to the church in Philadelphia was that He would keep them from the hour of temptation that would come upon the world.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Revelation 3:10

The lesson here is that whatever you do to God has a way of coming back to you. If you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you (James 4:8). If you obey all He commands faithfully, He will not only cause the work of His hands to obey you, but will also ask you to command Him and He will give life to your decrees (Isaiah 45:11). Some people issue decrees based on Isaiah 45:11 and Job 22:28 but are surprised when they are ignored. If your decrees are not honoured, it shows that there is something missing. You cannot reap where you did not sow. If you have not sown total obedience to His commands, your own decrees will be ignored. Obedience is reciprocal. The way you treat the Lord and the things of His kingdom clearly shows God how He should treat you. Since the church in Philadelphia kept His word, He too promised to keep them. The Lord will keep you from every evil, but ensure you keep His commands.

In the same vein, you can sow seeds of patience and get a harvest from it. How patient are you towards God? Some people while in church, continuously check their wrist watches as if that is what will deliver their needed miracle to them. They are so impatient with God. They are too much in a hurry when they are praying to know God’s will in marriage. If they have not received the answer by the third or sixth month, they will walk out on God and go ahead to choose for themselves. “who does He think He is anyway?” they would say in their hearts. It is how you deal with God that He will deal with you. King Saul was very impatient with God. How can a man of God not keep to time? So he went ahead and did what he was not supposed to do. Some delays are designed by God to test you. If you are impatient, you will fail the test. No wonder God soon ran out of patience with him! However, David was patient with God and when he messed up, God had no choice but to be patient with him.

ACTION POINT:
Carefully write out how you want God to treat and respond to you. Go ahead and do so to Him.
 
Bible in one year: Joshua 13-15

Comments

  1. Father ℓ̊ decree total obedience to you, give me the grace to obey in totality, crown my patience with success oh lord and be patient with me. Thank you lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord help me to be patient and to always look up to you, give me the devoted spirit that will seek you all my life time. More of you O Lord and less of flesh in me. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father Lord,help 2b patient,obedienz,focus &steadfastn in u,so as 2let my decrees ova my enemies standfast~IJN(amen).thk u Lord

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord help me to be totally patient in area of my life so I can enjoy all the benefits that concerns me on planet early. Also grant me the grace to be thankful in all I do. IJN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord, i need your intervention in my life. Deliver me totally from those who afflicted me and let me have testimonies to share concerning my health status. Give me the grace never to end my heavenly journey half way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord, grant me the grace to serve u more and to be obedience to ur words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father, I receive the grace to be patience in my dealing with men & You even as I pay full attention to Your words & also be obi dent I pray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nevertheless, he remains faithful and ready to take us back when we err. What a great GOD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop