Skip to main content

ARE YOU CONTROLLABLE? Saturday 11 August


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Psalms 31:15

Read: Genesis 8:1-2

Our God is a God of structure and order. He expects you to understand and heed the signs He sends to you. When He “shows you red”, know it is time to stop. When He “shows you yellow”, you have to be prepared and when He “shows you green”, then know it is time to go. God is in charge of your life and He wants to control it. Control can refer to restricted flow. In Genesis 8: 1-2, we see God controlling the rain. We all know that rain is good but too much of it is bad. In recent times, we have seen the devastating effects of floods. If you have ever been a victim of flooding, whenever the rain is heavy and persistent, you will become scared. Flooding occurs as a result of too much rain. The rain of God’s blessings that can adversely affect you shall not come in Jesus name. According to 1 Kings 17:1, there is something you can do to open the heavens and there is something else you can do to shut the heavens. Strive to always keep your heavens opened!

God controls the rain and He also controls blessings. In the parable of the talents recorded in Matthew 25:14-15, each servant was given talent according to their individual ability. God will not give you the blessing you cannot control. One reason God has not given some major breakthroughs to some is because He knows they will not give Him their first-fruits and tithes if the blessing is too big. By refusing to comply with God’s directives, many are cheating themselves. Will you want a life without control? As God blesses you, ask for the grace to keep the blessings in their rightful place and your heart in the Lord. God wants to be able to control you and your blessings. But what is His experience? For many of His children, the wealth the Lord has put in their hands has given them the boldness or voice to speak to Him as they like without reverence. When God says give so much out of what He has given them, they will begin to argue with Him. David was not like that. He was fully yielded to God when he said my times are in Your hands (Psalms 31:15). Can you say the same?

PRAYER POINT:
Everything in me that is resisting divine control, Father uproot it now.
 
Bible in one year: Joshua 16-18

Comments

  1. My time are in your hands oh God,control it as you wish. Uproot everything that is resisting divine control in my entire life and deliver me from those that persecute me IJN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord, control all i hav for me. I'm giving all to u. Help me not to argue with u. Amen

      Delete
  2. Into thine hand i commit my spirit(my lif,time,carrier,pursuit both spiritua&physica);thou hast redeemed me....,,, der Lord uproot watsoeva rsistin ur dvine control in my life now~IJN(amen)..Beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father uproot every resistance to you in my life. Take controll of everything in my life, have your way Lord. IJN Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord I yield to your divine control in Jesus Name. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father lord help me to be controllable in all ramification of life in jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord jesus.
    You are in control of my Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to encourage you. Pls keep doing this good work. I personally do not have a copy of open heavens but just came across your blog recently through a friend.& ur blog has aided my spiritual life. God bless u & may we all not miss heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Lord, forever impose your will in my life & unto me grant grace never to resist you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop