Skip to main content

VICTORY: HOW PERMANENT? Sunday 15 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: O SING unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvelous things: his right hand, and his holy arm hath gotten him the victory. Psalms 98:1

Read: Joshua 7:1-6

Every victory God gives to you can be retained or lost depending on several factors. Many people know how to obtain victory but not how to keep them. It is better to continue in defeat than to have victory and return to defeat due to the inability to keep it. After the Israelites crossed the Red sea, Moses immediately composed a song of praise and thanksgiving that they sang repeatedly (Exodus 15:1-21). After that song of praise, every effort to cause them to return to Egypt failed; their victory was permanent. Anyone who does not know how to be grateful to God may never enjoy permanent victories. Are you grateful to God for what He has done for you?

In Joshua 7 & 8, God gave the Israelites under Joshua victory which they lost almost immediately but later recovered. Many people once walked in the victory that Christ has given over the flesh, Satan and other enemies but later lost the reality of this victory. Why did Joshua lose his victory? It was because somebody under him tampered with what he should not. This simply tells us that your victory could be eroded by the misdemeanour of a close associate. A family can lose their victory because of disobedient child. If you doubt this, ask Eli. This is why parents must train their children in order to maintain family victories. Thank God Joshua’s loss was not permanent because he asked God the cause of the loss and what to do, and did as instructed. Have you lost a victory? Ask God what you can do to have it back and do so promptly. If you know who is stealing in church, expose the fellow. Doing this not only helps that individual but also the church. Achan’s theft not only affected him but the entire nation. Are you a pastor or minister yet secretly fornicating? You are negatively affecting your church and bringing an evil cloud over the congregation. As a member of the church, if you know of fornicating minister, or worker, report the fellow to your pastor as a way of helping all concerned.

KEY POINT:
Thanksgiving is the glue that helps to firmly attach your blessings to you. Without it, your blessing may be lost.

Bible in one year: Judges 13-15

Comments

  1. Thank u Lord 4 ur word that has expose my weakness, pls Lord help me 2 live above my weakness so dat my victory wil not erode me IJN Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father I adore your name for your divine victory,Thank you for your word this morning,have realise my mistake,grant unto me the grace to retrace my path,forgive me my sin and let your divine victory be permanent in my life,order my step,father what can I do to have my victory back and prompt me to do so IJN. (Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father ur word is ever true,I come to Your presence today to ask for Your mercy cos I hv sinned against You. Have mercy Lord in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord. Forever will my family and I be grateful unto You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lord, I thank you this morning for all the victories I have received even in the last few weeks. Thank you for my family, I am very grateful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u God 4 d victories You ve grantd unto me.Lord,give me victory over sin and d works of d flesh....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You Lord Almighty for Your word today. I am grateful for Your mercy, Grace and favour upon my life and family. For Your miracles everyday, Father I say thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You Lord Jesus.Pls av mercy upon me.I'm weak,Strengthen me.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the message of today, salvation is the greatest victory of all, we must do everything to make sure this victory is not lost. We must continually ask for grace to walk in the Spirit and develop a heart of gratitude towards God for who He is and what He has done in our life. I pray that we will continually abide in the steadfast love of the Father in Jesus name. Amen. Let him who has ears, hear what the Spirit is saying today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Victory dis tym around shall b permanent aven learn my lesson in hard way. No more concromise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.