Skip to main content

PRESUMPTUOUS? Monday 30 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Colossians 3:23

Read: Deuteronomy 1:42-44

God promised in Proverbs 23:18 that the expectations of the righteous shall be met, but many expectations are not granted today and people are wondering why. Why do expectations of believers fail? Expectations based on presumption will most likely fail. In other words, what you base your expectations on will determine whether it will be granted or not. When expectations are based on assumptions, disappointment is inevitable. Great expectations are founded on God’s promises which are forever settled in Heaven. Deuteronomy 1:42-44 documents an account by Moses, where he warned the Israelites not to go and fight the Amorites because God was not with them. They paid deaf ears to his warning and went into the battle and got the disgrace of their lives. God has a strategy for every battle. There are some battles He will want you to fight, some He will want you to ignore and others He will fight Himself. Never fight any battle when God is not on your side. It is presumptuous to assume that because God gave you victory yesterday when you were in obedience, God will give you victory now that you are in disobedience; you will be disappointed!

When God says don’t go, you have no business going except you want to go and make a fool of yourself; that is if you even live to tell the story. Those Israelites assumed that since they had the soldiers, war know-how backed up by their zeal, they can still manage to win the battle, but they lost out to a nation which normally would not be able to face them. Any expectation based on assumption is nothing but foolishness. When God disapproves of you doing something, it means He will not back you up. If you go ahead, you are on your own. Never blame God for what you suffer thereafter. Many people are entering marriages God told them not to. By the time they start facing the music of their self guidance, they call on God but He may choose not to attend to them. Presuming that a particular business will give you lots of profit because it is doing so for others, without God’s permission or direction may lead to disappointment. Are you entering ministry or starting a church based on presumption? You will be disappointed! Go back to the Lord today!

KEY POINT:
God is not committed to what He has not commanded. 

Bible in one year: 1 Kings 17-19

Comments

  1. Lord teach me to know your position in all my undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord fight this battle for me. i cant do it alone, help me Lord to take a right decision that will bring glory to you. Thank you Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord teach me ur ways. make me an obedient child

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord Jesus, let thy will be done in every facets of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Order my steps in Your Word dear Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lord! Move in my favour this week and remove every tree u didn't planted in my life. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Order my step in ur word dear Lord,save me,guide me everday,send ur Holy Spirit Father I pray to lead me always.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. O LORD orda my steps with UR Words. Help me 2 depend totaly on U.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father lord i look unto yu today as i v soo much in my heart i pray 4 yu divine direction as i cant do it on ma own....tk d wheels n orda ma step dis new week amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father, in your infinite wisdom. Remove me frm anywhere ℓ̊ am or whatever am doin that is not your designed plan and Reorder my steps IJN..

    ReplyDelete
  11. LORD JESUS,Order my STEPS totally in all facets of my life, family, loved ones and well-wishers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord lead ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ to τ̲̅ђe path of righteousness

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lord let ♏ξ continue †̥ȍ worship Ɣ☺ΰ α̲̅πϑ favour me

    ReplyDelete
  14. God attend to my life.. command my step and help me..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord forgive for making decisions without u. I pray Holy Spirit of God be my leader be in the driving seat of my life. I know i've messed up big time and i humbly ask for your forgiveness. Lord of mercy guide and lead me in all i do from now on. In the name of Jesus i pray to you Jehovah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Father,thank for your word,grant unto me the rigth spririt of guidiance in all my undertaking,the spirit I need to you when am doing your will so I won't fall to my enemies and I shall not be disgrace IJN. (Amen).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop