Skip to main content

HOLD ON TO GOD Saturday 7 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130:6

Read: Psalms 130:5-6

Anyone who is too much in a hurry will most likely miss out from God’s agenda. God is very patient. If you will walk with Him, you too must be patient or else you will find yourself going ahead of Him. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing”. Luke 11:9-11 says keep knocking until the door opens; wait as long as it takes. You may never get some valuable blessings if you are not patient. One particular year, immediately after we rounded up our Convention, I told my people I need rest and therefore would not attend to anyone. A woman from the north came and asked if I was home. They said yes, but also told her that I was not going to see anybody. They served her food and told her I was not coming out that day. She replied that she was in no hurry and that any day I decide to come out, I will meet her there. Later, my wife came and told me that the woman had refused to go until she sees me. I had to suspend my rest to meet her in my sleeping dress.  I asked her what her problem was and she said it was her head. She said whenever something good was coming, her head would refuse it and that I should just touch her head and she will go. So I did and she left.

When was the last time you held unto God like Jacob or like this woman and told Him you are tired of being an ordinary, powerless Christian or minister; that you were going nowhere until He did something about your situation? That was the kind of persistence we knew in time past. When I newly joined the Redeemed Christian Church of God newly, after the morning service we would go home. By the time we returned for the evening service, there would still be people who have not left, still settling their issues with God. You cannot persist like that and not expect something good to happen to you. If you can hold on to God, He will take you serious and attend to you. If you are too busy to wait on Him, He will tell you He is busier. After all, you may just attend to some tens or hundreds of issues while He is attending to billions on earth and at the same time attending to the billions in Heaven, besides all the animals, birds, fishes etc. Learn to hold on to God!

ACTION POINT:
Until Jacob wrestled with God, the prince in him remained buried. Release your princely potentials by wrestling with God today.
 
Bible in one year: Leviticus 20-23

Comments

  1. Quite revealing......thank you daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is powerful ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tank u sa. God bless u for dis wonderful word.let ur will b done in ma life lord while I wait on u amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father Lord give me d grace to wait on you alone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You daddy, i ve learn 2 trust in Him in every situatn. I know 1 thing that God is too faithful 2 fail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only those that wait on the Lord have rejuvinated strenght.
    Lord teach me to wait on you

    ReplyDelete
  7. All Honour and Glory be to God but BABA, if u don't bless me, I wee wrestle oooooO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Work is the funtion of grace 1Cor 15:10. Father empower me to wait on you and strengthen me not to get tired when needed most. Amen In Jesus Name.Glory

    ReplyDelete
  9. may God help us and grant us d grace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord help me to understand ur times & seasons, teach me to be patient even as I wait on u in fervent prayers

    ReplyDelete
  11. God please give me the grace to patiently wait upon you in all my desires.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness As I wait renew my strength as the eagle in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good message, however, a lesson can be learned from the example. In the example provided, the woman should have been in fellowship with the Lord and sought Him for redress. Instead, she chose the "man of God" as her God, patiently waiting on him when the Lord was at hand. It is my hope that Pastor E.A. Adeboye, helped her to establish her relationship with God so that she would turn to the Lord with the same tenacity that she turned to him when he needed rest. Ministers need time to rest least they function in their own strength outside of the grace of God and suffer "burnout" Secondly, it is important that we submit to the patience that the Lord has given us. This is what the word of God says about patience, or the lack thereof: Luke 21:19
    In your patience possess ye your souls.(KJV) If one is not in possession of their souls because of lack of patience, then it means that another spirit is in possession; a serpent spirit. These spirits bring torment that may be manifested as anxiety, worry, fear, doubt, etc. all of which may tempt people to do that which is contrary to the will of God; they miss the blessings of God as Pastor E.A. Adeboye correctly alluded to. Patience is a virtue that must be practiced and I am sure we will have plenty of opportunity to be patient. While we are patiently waiting on the Lord (not man) pray prayers of thanksgiving and praise because our God is worthy, He is faithful, He is Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daddy i tank u 4 2day word. Bcus i wil learn 2 wait on Lord i dont want 2 hv another bleeding or miscarage

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it When you explain using examples like you've done in this message. It gives me a deeper understanding especially When you explain using what's been done in the noble as well as real life situations nowadays. You truly inspire me. Maya God continue to bless you sir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop