Skip to main content

GOD IS MY PORTION Wednesday 11 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. Psalms 16:5

Read: Philippians 1:19-21

In the devotional of July 4, we saw from John 6:5-13, a young boy offering his lunch to Jesus. It was inferred that at the end of the day people would have helped him take home the 12 baskets of remains from what he gave. One lesson here is that while some giving may take some time to give its yield, some others can give immediate yields. This boy’s gift got immediate returns. But note that the boy’s giving was sacrificial. He had just his lunch when he went with the crowd to listen to Jesus. When the Lord needed food, he decided to fast – to go hungry so that somebody else – even if it is one person, could have something to eat. He did not share his meal; he gave it all like the poor widow did with her mite. Sacrificial giving is what brings out the extreme giving qualities of God. In 1 Kings 17:8-16, God turned the last meal of an extremely needy widow into long-lasting supply but remember the widow first surrendered her last meal. She had the choice of eating her last meal and facing death or sacrificing her last meal to live. She chose right. Many people have found themselves in a similar state as this widow but their momentary, fleshly pleasure did not let them choose right, hence they plunged themselves into more misery, thereby losing what God had reserved for them.

A lot has to do with your decision. God may tell you what to do but He will not force you to do it. A right decision is a right decision and a wrong decision is wrong irrespective of the circumstance or excuses that are advanced. Ask God for grace to take the right decision always no matter its immediate effect on you and your family. Sacrifice is a step in the right direction. Romans 12:1 says you should lay your entire life, achievement, family and plans upon the altar of sacrifice. Paul says if I will live at all it is to live for Christ and if He wants me to die, there is even greater gain for me (Philippians 1:21). That means either way, I am a winner. You too can win either way. According to 2 Corinthians 9:6, to get God’s best, give bountifully. The ultimate of giving bountifully is when you give everything including yourself. If you do this, He will respond and say: “From today whatever I have is now yours”. Yes, God can be your portion!

KEY POINT:
The sacrifice to make God your portion may be enormous but cannot be compared with the unending flow of blessings that will follow.
Bible in one year: Luke 10-13

Comments

  1. Lord Jesus,help me to make the right decisions at the right time always in Jesus name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, give me the grace to remain in ur will forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God,na u o,man no fit.hep me wt d ryt dcision n at d ryt tym

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord, I pray for grace to be able to trust you completely again in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God help me to give sacrificially in Jesus Name Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The grace to take the right decision always no matter its immediate effect on me and my family,father grant it unto me,I claim God is my portion in all dealing of life IJN.(Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavenly father, please grant ♍ƺ †ђǝ grace α̲̅πϑ enablement †̥ D̶̲̥̅̊o Ūя̲̅ will now α̲̅πϑ always

    ReplyDelete
  8. O Lord pls direct my path throughout this year n to come, grant me the Grace to always give sacrificially in Jesus Name (Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  9. God,†ђξ time has come, A̶̲̥̅♏ ready. I make A̶̲̥̅ covenant with Ɣ☺ΰ today to sow A̶̲̥̅ seed Ãήϑ dat by †ђξ end of this year, i W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ †ђξ results Ãήϑ Testify I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Jesus name. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ã♍ε̲̣п̥̥̲̣̣̣✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord give me the grace of giving bountifully including myself to you Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God help me to obey your word .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord Jesus,help me to make the right decisions at the right time always in Jesus name, amen.God help me to obey your word .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop