Skip to main content

DOUBLE PORTION: WHERE FROM? Tuesday 17 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

Read: James 1:16-18

In the story about Elijah’s rapture recorded in 2 Kings 2:11-14, you will notice the repetition of the phrase: “The mantle of Elijah that fell from him”. This tells us that even when Elisha had paid the price in serving him for some years and in accompanying him on his last assignments, and had even crossed the Jordan with him, Elijah still took his mantle with him until the cry of Elisha’s was heard. This shows the need for patience in God’s Kingdom, particularly when you are trusting God for something very precious. If you are not ready to persist until you get it, you may be denied at the very point when you should have had it. Similarly, we learn that every good gift comes from above (James 1:17). When Elijah was taken, he went into Heaven then the mantle was sent down with a double portion of the anointing on Elijah. Many people think it was Elijah who delivered Elisha’s request to him. No! There was no way he could give what he did not have which was why he told Elisha he asked a hard thing. He simply took the mantle with him and God released the double portion of the anointing on Elijah upon it for Elisha. Even when the anointing oil is poured on you, the power is released from above.

Also, when the Holy Spirit descended in Acts 2:1-4, He sat on the heads of the disciples as cloven tongues of fire. This shows the importance of your head. This is why when it is time to ordain people, we go for their heads. The implication of this is that whatever you are, you owe to God. You have no reason to be proud. No wonder David acknowledge his help as being from God (Psalms 121:1-2). When God uses a vessel of His to bless you and you thank the fellow, do not forget that he or she is only a vessel; let your greater thanksgiving go to God who is the giver of the blessing. It is wrong to thank the vessel but forget the One who used the vessel to channel your blessing to you. This season, the Lord will bless you abundantly. How patient are you? How much do you give God thanks? Have you paid the price for a higher level of God’s anointing on you?

KEY POINT:
If you want many definite blessing from Heaven, look up to God.
 
Bible in one year: Judges 19-21

Comments

  1. Oh God I look up to you for everything. You are the giver of all the blessings I have. Thank you heavenly Father! Please give me patience to wait on you for even more blessings. Thank you Father in Jesus' name. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lord for the salvation of my soul and for the understanding of thy word in my heart. Give me the grace and the willing atittude to wait patiently til thE end for thy salvation and calling IJN.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good and great gifts comes from HIM. So the best of all praises and thanks giving should go to our King of kings, and Lord of lords.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tank You God for anoda gift of lyf. Give me d grace 2 wait on You til d end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your word and for yopur assured victory at last.
    I look up to God Almigthy the giver of all perfect blessing of life,I receive my inheritance this morning in jesus name,divine blessing and abundantly manifest in my life this season in Jesus name,uncommon comfort to wait unto the Lord and the Grace to have faith in you Father grant it unto me IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father of light, You r nt a respecter of person.I Thank thee 4 al U ve done 4 me. Lord,pls give d double desire and zeal 2 serve thee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tnk u Jesus 4 ur word. I receive d grace 2 wait on U until my blessing come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way out is ;Looking up+crying out+patience=Good&Perfect gifts(Divine Release). Thank you Lord for saving my soul & for every bit of great surprises you've given me. Pls Lord give me the grace to always be thankful to you irrespective of enemies manipulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This teaching talks directly to me. I pray God gives me the patience in the right places; patience to wait on him, to trust in him, to believe in him.

    My Almighty father, i thank you for your great annointing of patience in my life. I thank you for the vessels you've put in my life to teach and preach your word to me. I ask O Lord that you lift all heavy burden from heart, so i can be filled with your meditation, quieten the voices in my ears so i can hear your promises and instructions clearly, open my eyes so i can see your will, purpose, and blessing for me, while I wait patiently for their manifestation.
    Have mercy on me Lord, bless the work of my hands in Jesus mighty Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.