Skip to main content

PRAYER BRINGS PEACE Sunday 25 September


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

MEMORIZE: “My voice shall thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.” (Ps. 5:3).

READ: 1 Timothy 2:1-4

It is great to intercede for leaders. In today’s reading, we are enjoined to pray for all who are in positions of authority, as this can bring peace, godliness and honesty. This means, if we are surrounded by so much turmoil, wickedness and corruption, it is an evidence of not praying enough. Intercede for your husband. The prayers you invest into your husband will eventually work in your favour. In the same way, children should pray for their parents. Do you know that there are parents who bring shame to the family name? Gehazi was one father no child would want to have. While other parents were blessing their children, leaving beautiful legacies behind, Gehazi not only brought leprosy to himself but also his children and generations after him. Every child that was born into that family cursed the day of their birth. Is your father, mother or guardian misbehaving? Intercede for them! You can turn their impact from shame to honour.

However, apart from praying for your leaders, leaders must take time to regularly pray for themselves. If you depend solely on the prayer of your prayer champions, you are a lazy leader. God’s call upon your life does not come with guarantee of success. In my early days of ministry, I once attended a minister’s conference in Ghana. After the day’s programme of events, fellow ministers who shared the same hotel with me were busy chatting and jesting, but I had some disquiet within me. I was not satisfied with myself, my level, etc., so I quietly took my Bible and went to the rest room and began to study it and pray until I had a knowing in my spirit that my longings has been satisfied. If you are distracted where you are, you can separate yourself for personal communion with God in a rest room, football or volley ball pitch or even in a prayer work through streets that are not too busy or too noisy. Your ministry is made or marred in the place of prayer. Ministry without prayer is like a house with no blocks. The prayer efforts that go into the life of a leader are not wasted. Even though some prayers are needed for future use by Heaven, they are still required today.

ACTION POINT:
Don’t limit yourself in prayer. If one prayer method is not working, try another. Do a prayer-walk of one hour daily, walking around less busy streets and praying without closing your eyes.
 
Bible in One year: Isa. 61-63

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop