Skip to main content

HEARING WELL? Monday 6 June

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye


MEMORIZE: “The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.” (Prov. 20:12).

READ: Proverbs 20:12

God can control what is heard by people. In 2 Kings 7:1-20, He made the Syrian army to hear the sound of a mighty invasion of enemy forces. One lesson here is that there is always a chain of fear except around God. The Israelites were afraid of their enemies—the Syrians who besieged them, while they in turn were afraid of the Hittites and Egyptians. This means that those you fear also have those they fear, who also are afraid of others and so on. When those you fear are attacked by those they fear, you will be free. In fact, you will benefit immensely from their defeat as it happened in Samaria. There will be lots of spoils for you to take home. Ask God to keep your enemies under perpetual harassment, oppression and torment by those they fear, since this will be to your advantage.

While driving around our camp ground in the United States recently, my son, who took me around on the first day of my visit, reminded me of something I earlier told him. Years ago, while driving around the same ground, we came by a particular house and the Lord told me, “Son, that is your house”. I told this son of mine but could not bring myself to tell the white owner lest he pointed his gun at me. After some years, the owner of the house called us and declared his intention to sell the house to me. My son told him I had said so several years earlier. Then the man’s wife asked him, “Why did you not tell us earlier? We have been struggling with the idea to sell or not for so long. At least we could have been saved the trouble”. God’s Word will come to pass in your life no matter how long it has taken.

Besides controlling who hears what, God can also decide whether an individual will hear or not. Proverbs 20:12 says, “The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them”. Apart from making the ear, it is God who makes the ear to hear. Some have ears but cannot hear when God is speaking. The first time I heard a man of God say “Thus says the Lord…”, I asked the fellow beside me: “When did God say what the person prophesying claims He said?” Do you hear Him speaking, or are you in doubt like I once was? The Lord will open your ears to hear His voice. Your ears are not functioning well if you can hear everyone else, but cannot hear the One who made those ears. Are you having problems hearing physically? I command healing to come upon your ears today. You will hear well from now on.


PRAYER POINT
Father, keep my oppressors under perpetual harassment, oppression and torment of their oppressors, so that they will abandon their satanic mission against me.

Bible in One year: Matt 20-22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop