Skip to main content

SHARE YOUR TESTIMONY Friday 29 April

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye


MEMORIZE: “And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.” (Mark 5:20).

READ: Mark 5:14-20

In Mark 1:40-45, an erstwhile leper went everywhere sharing the testimony of his healing with all sundry, and in the process became a channel of blessing to many. Has God done something in your life? Go and share with others. Never conceal your testimonies because several lives can be transformed through them. You cannot tell the life-long impact of that testimony you are holding!

By the grace of God I am a living witness of the reality of divine healing and health. But it was not so at the time of my conversion. After I got born again, I was down with malaria every two weeks. In those days, I heard pastors preach that because Jesus is the Great Physician, medication was unnecessary. I laughed at them, saying they were looking for someone to kill. I was grateful that they had shown me the way to Heaven, but they should not send me there prematurely. In any case, I argued, “How do I know if they are not secretly ingesting medicine in the confines of their homes?”

In our church those days, there was an old man of about 86 years. He used a walking stick and was bent over. He said while in his youth, he contracted a venereal disease which brought about burning sensation whenever he walked straight. Relief only came whenever he stooped. One fateful Sunday morning, this elder stood upright without any aid. I asked what had happened and he promised to share this testimony during the evening service. That evening, I was the first to get to church. Papa said that when he travelled home for a holiday, he began a house-to-house evangelism daily. At some point, the devil said to him, ‘Old man, stop deceiving people: Go and sit down. If your Jesus is so powerful, why has He not healed you?’ On hearing this, holy anger arose within him and he challenged the devil: “Satan, are you laughing at my God?” Immediately, he broke the walking stick and started to walk straight amidst intense pain. Then he said, “If I am going to die, I am ready, but I will never walk bent again, and neither will you, Satan, ever laugh at my God again”. Feeling a wave dizziness, he implored God to not let him die on the street but at home. He continued walking home in pain, sweating profusely. Before he got home, the pain disappeared. When I heard his testimony, I believed it, and from that day on, I resolved to make Jesus my doctor. For more than 35 years now, He has kept me in divine health. Share your testimony like the Gadarene demoniac of Mark 5:1-20 did. You will be amazed at its effect!


KEY POINT

List 10 powerful things God has done for you in different areas. Prayerfully select 10 people facing challenges in those areas and share your testimonies with them. Pray for them to have testimonies too.

Bible in One year: Luke 14-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop