Skip to main content

50 DAYS PRAYER AND FASTING (JANUARY 11TH - MARCH 1ST, 2023)

PREAMBLE

BIBLE TEXT


“And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces”. 2Ki 2:9-12 

 

Each year comes with its own uniqueness. With the prophetic declarations for Year 2023, and because of the anointing for double portion that has been released for greater exploits, the year has promised to be a season of Wonderful encounters.  However, from the above passage, there is no glory without a price: Elisha paid the price to receive his own double portion. The table is now set for every one of us to receive our own portions as much as we desire - beginning with the 50 days fasting announced by our General Overseer, Daddy E. A Adeboye.


                                            WED 11TH JAN

                                            THANKSGIVING 

BIBLE TEXT(S): Psa 136: 1–End, Psa 101, 105. 1Chr 16:8. 

INTRODUCTION: Thanksgiving is the art of giving thanks to God through the demonstration or show of gratitude for His goodness and mercies. It is good to give thanks unto the Lord. Psalms 92:1. Hannah expressed her appreciation to God in 1Samuel 2: 1 – 10. 

PRAYER POINTS: 

  1. Father, I thank You for Your mercy endures forever over my life, in Jesus name 
  2. Thank You Father for creating me in Your own image in Jesus name Gen. 1:27.
  3. Father; I thank You for declaring me good after creating me in Jesus name Gen. 1:31.
  4. Father; I thank You for giving me dominion over all the works of Your hands in Jesus name Gen. 1:26.
  5. Father; I thank You for saving my soul by your mercy, in Jesus name Lamentations 3:22.
  6. Father; I thank You for renewing Your mercies every morning over my life, in Jesus name. Lamentation 3:23
  7. Father; I thank You for the ability to sleep and wake up every day, in Jesus name. Psalms 3:5.
  8. Father; I thank You for the gift of salvation for mankind among whom I am one, in Jesus name. John 3:16-18.
  9. Father; I thank You for drawing me to Jesus, Your only begotten Son , in Jesus name. John 14:6. John 3:27.
  10. Father; I thank you for my sanctification in Jesus name. 2Thes. 2:13.
  11. Father I thank you for open doors, in Jesus name. Rev 3:8.
  12. Father; I thank you for keeping every member of my family alive in Jesus   name. Eccl 9:4.
  13. 13. Father I thank you for divine protection and provision, in Jesus name.  Gen 47:12.
  14. Father I thank you for divine visitation, in Jesus name. Job 10:12 15. Father I thank you for divine healing, in Jesus name. Job 10:12

DAY 2: THUR 12TH JAN

MERCY AND FORGIVENESS 

BIBLE TEXT(S): Psa 51: 1-end, Hab 3:2

INTRODUCTION: 

God created man in his image and likeness. Man was enjoying smooth fellowship with God before man sinned and fell short of the glory and mercy of God, but God’s thought towards man is of good and not of evil. God sent His only son, Jesus Christ to pay the price for the sin of man through His mercy, therefore as many that will confess and forsake their sins, the Lord is ready to forgive by His mercy. It is time to cry to God for mercy and forgiveness.  

 

PRAYER POINTS:

  1. Father please have mercy on me and forgive me my sin , in Jesus name. Rom 9:15
  2. Father, let mercy reign over judgment in my life, in Jesus name.
  3. Father have mercy on me and forgive me my iniquities, in Jesus name.
  4. Father let your goodness and mercies follow me all the days of my life, in Jesus name. Psa 23:6
  5. Father hear the voice of my plea for your mercy, in Jesus name. Psa 28:2
  6. Father at every location I have lost your mercy, please Lord forgive me and restore your mercy back into my life, in Jesus name.
  7. Father I confess and forsake my sin, please Lord let me obtain mercy and forgiveness, in Jesus name. Prov 28:13
  8. Father with you there is forgiveness, forgive me Oh Lord the sins of my fathers, in Jesus name. Psa 130:4
  9. Father, mercy and forgiveness belongs unto you, have mercy and forgive me my sins, in Jesus name. Dan 9:9
  10. Father, because your son’s blood was shed for me, use the blood of your son to   cleanse me, in Jesus name. Heb 9:28.
  11. Father, let my case with you be a personal affair, do not leave my judgment in the hands of my enemies, in Jesus name. 2Sam 24:14
  12. Father, because you are the God of love and righteousness, forgive us our   iniquities and show your people mercy, in Jesus name.
  13. Lord let your mercy be available for me and set me free from where the j  judgement of the enemy had tied me in Jesus name.
  14. Oh my God, in the multitudes of your mercies please let me obey and serve you like I have never done before, in Jesus name.
  15. Father, we ask for your mercies over every error we have committed in your church and our gatherings, in Jesus name. Psalm 85:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop