Skip to main content

MASTER YOUR DESIRES Saturday 28 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 1 Corinthians 6:12

Read: 1 Corinthians 6:11-13

If God has blessed you with wealth and riches, be extremely cautious so that your prosperity does not become your undoing. Solomon was so blessed that because he could afford most things that came his way, he went on an acquisition spree. He bought everything money could buy and acquired all that his eyes liked. He found himself in a pit of self-indulgence. In Ecclesiastes 2:10, he said:

And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.

He had lost control! His money was now pushing him in every direction. Has God blessed you? Praise God! But never let it get to the point where you are no longer led by the Spirit but by the spirit of mammon. You should remain in control of what you have and not the other way. To this end Paul says:

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 1 Corinthians 6:12

You don’t have to buy something just because you can afford it. There are many things you can buy off the shelf but you don’t because you do not need them. Abundance can kill and power without control corrupts. To distinguish themselves according to their class, rich men eat certain processed foods which at the end of the day give them special illness which the poor do not have. Many people like power but they fail to realize that it is a two-edged sword. Keep your power under lock and key! Deliberately refrain from over indulging yourself. If a water bed will take away your prayer life, don’t buy it or you have bought it, give it out. If television programmes will continue to tempt you, avoid the box. If a particular type of car or house will make you to become proud, do something about it. Never allow what was meant to serve you become your lord.

PRAYER POINTS:
Father, help me to put my desires under the control of your Spirit in me. Thank you for the past conventions of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. I pray that this year’s Convention will witness God’s special visitation, power and harvest of souls as never experienced.
 
Bible in one year: 1 Kings 11-13

Comments

  1. Lord help me to walk according to your words. Let me and my generation serve thee uprightly. Let me reign with you. In thee i put my trust, seperate me from things that will not bring glory to you Lord. Thank you Jesus, the lover of my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has a way of bringing back his children when they stray 4rm him, he helps us remember where we are, who we are and where we are coming from. His unconditional love 4 us is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father,thank you for your word.father I committ myself unto you,let your desire cover my desire,your willness cover my will and yiur course cover my cover,imbibe your spirit in me for direction so that the blessing you have granted unto me in one way or the other becomes my lord.everything that will not glorified your name in my life,take it away from me.let your name be glorified in my life for all the avenue you have grant me your blessing,grant unto me divine wisdom to know what is rigth and at the rigth time IJN.(Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavenly Father, thank you for your love 4 me. Give me the grace to be humble and use your blessings upon my life to serve you and also be a blessing to my generation IJN, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father give me the grace, knowledge, wisdom, understandin to control any substance within my reach. Don't allow me to be carried away with wealth, instead give me the power to control the wealth. I want to be rich and rapturable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you God for inspire me with word today, father help me don't allow the wealth and prosperity you give me to destroy my desire to reign with you at the end IJSN amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. May the Good lord continue to strengthen u daddy Adeboye in your course of calling may he bless this convention and may he continue to keep me grounded in his word that I may be able to fufil his calling for my life in all humility by grace Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop