Skip to main content

ANY DIVIDEND OF MENTORING? Tuesday 31 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1

Read: 2 Timothy 3:14-17

After Elijah’s rapture to Heaven, Elisha moved on to the next phase of his life. Anyone who lives in the past will definitely experience a bleak future. One way to recognize those living in their past is that they will not have fresh testimonies. If all you can do is testify of how God used you to win several souls some years ago, or how you were used in the area of healing in time past, you are still in your past. If you have nothing to show today as an evidence of your present walk with God, you are becoming history. Move forward today!

When Elisha got to the River Jordan, he smote the waters with his mantle like his father Elijah did (2 Kings 2:14). From this we see that anyone who will be great must have someone he follows – a mentor. Mentoring is not only relevant in business but also in ministry. God has provided in the Christian faith for His children to be mentored by the leaders He has given to them, so that they can know what their leaders know and even be greater than them. Elijah was great but his protégée Elisha was greater. Moses was great but could not take God’s children into the land of promise but his protégée Joshua did. In 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul said:

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

A good mentor would always follow Christ and at the same time bring up his or her protégées to follow Christ by a lifestyle that mirrors Christ. Do you have a mentor? Do you have a pastor you can virtually pattern your life after? However, in every mentor-protégée relationship, there is always a limit. From the words of Paul, the student (learner) must stop copying his mentor (teacher) at any point the latter stops following the Lord. Today, there are some leaders who started on a good slate but they have gone into error. Anyone following such a leader will go deeper into the error of his or her mentor. Are there still Christian apprentices? Too many people want to become their own boss – start up a church or becoming the General Overseer of a church without necessarily undergoing tutelage. No wonder they bring shame and disgrace to the name of the Lord all too often. But if you follow a bona fide spiritual head and humble yourself to study, observe, ask questions, carry out practicals, and be properly taught under him, you will be better prepared for the assignment God has for you.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, open my eyes to see the mentor you have given me and grant me the grace to faithfully follow Him.
 
Bible in one year: 1 Kings 20-21

Comments

  1. God help me not to dwell in my past, let me be focus. Open my eyes to see and faithfully obey my mentor. Help me LORD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, open my eyes to see the mentor you have given me and grant the grace to faithfully follow him IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father,thank you for your word..accept my thanks IJN. Father show my my mentor and the grace to follow my mentor and to be able to stop following mymentor when he is doing error grant it unto me IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God help me to focus in my future and reveal to me my mentor and to faithfully obey him in jesus name AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lord give me the grace to diligently follow and reveal my mentor IJN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father also give me the needed strenght to forget totally about my past as it ¶s hunting me badly and its affecting my belief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O lord, pls open •̸ϞƔ‎​‎​‎​ eyes of understanding to know the mentor Ɣ☺ΰ have prepared for •̸ϞƔ‎​‎​‎​ life. And give me the grace to follow him adequately.....tank u Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lord, open my eyes to see ur true mentor for me n help me faithfully follow. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father Lord i thank You 4 witnesing another 2day. Be GLORIFIED 4 EVER!
    Father help me 2 work by d guidiance of Holy Spirit. 2 know and conect 2 d mentor YOU AV ORDAINED 2 ME. IJN! (AMEN!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father open my eyes to see the mentor U ve sent to me and grant me d grace to faithfully follow him IJN Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop