Skip to main content

JUDGEMENT IS COMING Sunday 1 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 1 Corinthians 3:13

READ: 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

Death seals the fate of an individual. The Holy Ghost, writing through Paul in 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 makes clear the fate of faithful believers: finding themselves immediately with Jesus once they are absent from the body; while Jesus in Luke 16:22-23 makes clear the fate of those that live outside of God’s percepts: being welcome to hell as they close their eyes in death. There is no middle place. There is no purgatory as taught by some religions or Christian denominations. It is either Heaven or Hell. Wherever you land at death is where you will live forever. It is either death or Jesus comes to take you home at the rapture. These are the only two exit points from this world into eternity. Where will you spend eternity?

People quake whenever they hear of death because after death, judgment follows. Hebrews 9:27 says:

And as it is appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgment:

The creator of man has an appointment with man. He does not seek their inputs concerning this appointment, although those who are very close to Him could negotiate and shift the date of the appointment. Whether you like it or not, you must keep that appointment someday, either through death or through the rapture. A sinner who dies will go to hell. Revelation 20:11-15 says after they are judged at the Great White Throne Judgment, the inhabitants of hell will be thrown into the lake of fire. That is like saying, from frying pan to fire. The lake of fire is far worse place than hell fire. Just one sin is enough to take you there. On the other hand, those who believe in Jesus Christ, not just church goers, but those who received Christ into their lives and have the evidence of a change of life will face their judgment too. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 says every work we have done will be passed through God’s fire. Any work that did not meet up with God’s standard will be burnt. On that day, many believers will weep their eyes out when they see their works burnt. The issue is not just working for God but working to meet God’s standard or expectation. Any work done with wrong motives will be burnt. Any work done not at the time God requested but at the convenience of the doer may be burnt. Some people may have nothing left after the fire. You still have time now to make amends. You must not lose your reward!

KEY POINT:
To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Unfortunately, concerning matters of eternity, many who were forewarned never believed the truth until they died and found it so. But alas they were unprepared.
 
Bible in one year: Leviticus 1-4

Comments

  1. Lord pls 4give my sin, dont let me end up my life in hell have menrcy on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father pls give me ur grace to live a rightoeus life nd to meet ur standard so dat i would n't miss out dat reward IJN.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord,ema fi ijoba orun se eewo mi ni oruko Jesu! Make me rapturable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have mercy on my soul Lord. I pray you come into my life today, make me a useful vessel and a mirror to reflect your glory and splendor in Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord prepare me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord touch me one more time.Make anm instrument of your Peace.I have no power of my own.Have Mercy on me Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord I com boldly b4 Ūя̲̅ throne of grace t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ obtain mercy,forgiv M̶̲̥̅ƹ in anyway Ħª√ę wrong U̶̲̥̅̊ n prepare M̶̲̥̅ƹ 4 Ūя̲̅ kingdom Lord Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord hav mercy on me, forgive me for all I hav done. Give me power t prepare for ur kingdom in Jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father have mercy on me.count me among those dat u wil crown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord, please usher every step make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LORD AV READ AND UNDERSTAND AGAIN HELP ME TO TRACE MY STEP ALWAYS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prepare me Lord Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  13. O Lord my God, destroy all the arrangement of hell over my life and let my life praise and Glorify U always IJN name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lord help me to increase my zeal of serving you so that I will be privilege to reign with you. Forgive me all my sin and give me more power to resist sin always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. purify my heart O Lord. Cleanse me from within. restore back to me the joy of my salvation. Refiner's fire make me holy. give me d grace to be obedient to u at all times and always ready to do your will.amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Lord,pls have mercy on me n help me to make heaven.IJN

    ReplyDelete
  17. FATHER, whatever it will cost, let me and my household reign with you in eternity in JESUS' name, amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop