Skip to main content

HALF-BAKED GENERATION Saturday 23 June

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4
Read: Romans 15:4-5
If you will become someone great, you must maximise the use of your time resource which is one of the greatest assets available to you. May you not fall victim to opportunities lost in time like the children of Israel! A philosophy I imbibed from my teacher in my primary school days was: “Never leave till tomorrow what you can do today”. Many people sit down and say they are killing time; No, they are killing themselves because time does not die. How effectively are you using your time? Are you fond of procrastinating? This is the time to dust yourself up and begin to run.
Another major challenge we have to be mindful of which can affect our success is the modern day instant gratification culture and tendency to be multitasking in so many things but without depth in anything. In time past, people took their time to do all that was done such as cooking, building, etc. hence they were well done. But today, technology has turned everything into something instant: instant tea! Instant coffee! Instant meal! Instant wife! Instant husband! Instant everything! There is so much rush doing virtually everything that virtually nothing is well done. Things are now half-cooked and half-baked. You now eat half-baked food, live in half-baked houses; marry half-baked wife or husband, raise half-baked children, attend half-baked services and raise half-baked converts. Today, half-baked pastors and leaders adorn our churches and they are giving the body of Christ a lot of problems. Also, senior pastors who should be calling for vigils are now saying they are not necessary. Nobody wants to spend time praying anymore. Claim it now and get it now is now trendy! If the pastor is praying for five minutes, the members would be asking, what is wrong with this fellow? This is an unfortunate trend that every true believer in Christ must overcome. There is no half-baked salvation. It is either you are saved or you are not. God gives attention to details but if you don’t, you cannot flow with Him.

KEY POINT:
Some people rush out of church service which they barely endured and go to spend twice or more of that time on the internet. Consider your ways!
Bible in one year: Colossians 3-4

Comments

  1. The only resource dat is common, equal n uniform given by God is time. D only difference btw those who fulfilled their destinies n those who didn't was as a result of how judiciously they utilized their time. Time is inelastic n time & tide wait 4 no man. Always remember dat time is life. God giv me d grace 2 maximize my potentials by using my time well IJN, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half baked generation. Virtually doing everything and yet none is virtually well done. Help me o Lord to overcome this trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rebuke procrastination spirit in my life today...Father empower me to go out and do Your will NOW!...IJN...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father,thank yu for the oppourtunity I hv dis morning becuz yu have given me time,the divine grace to use my time efficiently and effectively and never wait for another day to fulfill what can be fulfill today..grant it unto me IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half bake salvation that most christian carry rejoice about n that is one of devices of devil.In Jesus Name half bake salvation be destroy in my life (Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading dis is like opening my eyes to see d facts of like and may our generation nt be half baked in Jesus name amen franky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Help me oh Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father,help us not to be carried away by the things around us but to place our priorities right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father pls give me d opportunity nd grace to utilise d time ur given to me all dis i ask through Jesus name.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father grant me the grace to utilize my time effectively according to your will and also destroy the spirit of procastination in my life IJN

    ReplyDelete
  11. May God help us IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my GOD!thank u pastor for this revelation.....i recieve grace to be fully baked in all aspect,i reject mediocrity....GOD help me maximise time n be productive IJN amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. God help me to use my time judiciously and above all according to ur timing for my life IJN. Every hasteness of the spirit,impatience,half baked products and activities be destroyed IJN. Thank u Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop