Skip to main content

HANDLE WEALTH WITH CAUTION Saturday 21 July


Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

Memorise: And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice, 1 Kings 11:9

Read: 1 Kings 11:1-9

Our God is a generous God who delights in the prosperity of His saints. He grants to them the power to get wealth. However, this wealth has eroded the faith of some while some others have turned their trust to the wealth they have. God so loved Solomon that He blessed him to a point where silver was like ordinary stones during his reign. Since he had so much material things, he began to acquire women contrary to the law of kings. He married 700 wives; as if that was not enough, he added 300 concubines. One man to 1,000 women! There are some he will sleep with once in three years! Most of his wives were non-Israelites; they were princesses from various kingdoms. Not many kings or presidents in our time can beat Solomon’s evil record. 1 Kings 11:4 says:

For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

Wealth brings power and wealth is a very dangerous thing. Solomon married these strange wives because he could afford to. This is one area where poverty acts as a safeguard for the poor. There are some evil things that some poor people could have acquired if they were rich. But because they are poor, their minds are completely away from such things. The poor hardly argue with God’s Word but the rich do that often because what they have beclouds their mind. Solomon got so intoxicated by his wealth that he multiplied wives to himself, who then influenced him to build shrines to their gods and goddesses near Jerusalem. They further influenced him to join them in worshipping their idols until his heart was totally turned away from God. God became angry with the one He loved so much. If Solomon was poor, would he have been able to amass those wives? I doubt it. The wealth that takes you away from God’s will and Word is a curse not a blessing. Handle your wealth with lots of care, prayers and fear of God.

PRAYER POINT:
The wealth that is not brought under God’s control will end up controlling its owner. Pray that the wealth that will lead you astray will never come to you.
 
Bible in one year: 1 Samuel 21-24

Comments

  1. Oh God I pray that the wealth that will lead me astray from you will never come to me in Jesus' name. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORD! please prevent these two evil from getting to me:

    1. Wealth that will lead me astray
    2. Poverty that will lead me into stealing, lying and depression.

    And, may I not have to choose between the two. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. God help me not to Encounter wealth that will make me go astray in Jesus Name Amen .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father help me not to know or have the kind of wealth that will make me go astray IJN ....amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u lord for ur word. Forgive me for allowing wealth and material things to turm me away frm u. Give me anoda chance and let the wealth be used to the glorificatiion of ur name...amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOD let me be wealthy and turn my eyes away from evil amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as for me and my home we will serve the LORD forever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lord 4 ur word i tan u. Father i pray dat wealth dat wil lead me astray wil never locate me IJN Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God grant us wealth that we will use to propagate his gospel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Money...Women...if not handled in the fear of God can lead the righteous to a terrible destination. Christians & Churches need to be very careful so as not to fall prey. Don't join others to do evil no matter how appealing. May God help us all. AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God help me not to astray from ways oh Lord and give me d wealth dat I will used for glory IJSN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BENEFITS OF UNITY Sunday 27 November

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19) READ: Acts 2:1-4 U nity is a powerful force in the universe. However, uniting against God, His Word or His children causes God to arise in defence of His Name. This is the other side of power of unity. Barring this, unity can accomplish almost anything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6, God said that if the people of the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable. The united are unstoppable. Unity is a powerful tool for achieving plans and purposes. But if operated in righteousness within the Christian fold, it is even more powerful. “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it sha

Unauthorized sharing of Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

This is to inform all the readers that Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye will not be available again till further notice. I must go through a legal process before I can be sharing the devotional online. What I have been doing all the while is not legal so I need to seek proper authorization. Please, bear with me. Thank you for your cooperation.

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD Wednesday 26 October

Open Heavens Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye MEMORIZE: “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.” (Psalm 18:44). READ: Psalm 18:43-45 W hen Bartimaeus was steps away from his breakthrough, the crowd around him shouted him down. But by the grace of God, he doubled his efforts and cried out the more. He simply told the crowd: ‘If you think you have heard noise you have not heard anything yet’. The reality is that if you need help and send a faint cry in the midst of a crowd, they will want to shut you up. But if your cry is unparalleled, defying the voices of the opposition, there would be a general consensus by the crowd for you to be attended to, at least so that they can have their peace. This season, by the mercy of God, there will be a meeting of the crowd hindering your blessing and their consensus would be that you receive immediate attention. Another lesson from this story is that while peop